Déplacement des essaims
de guêpes et de leur nid
The wasp is a flying insect of the order of hymenoptera,of the underclass of pterygotes, (group of neoptera)which includes many species. The most common in Quebec are Vespula vulgaris and Vespula germanica.
It is not very hairy if we compare it to the bee or the bumblebee. Its body is black with yellow or white stripes depending on the variety.
Its essential role in the ecosystem.
The wasp contributes to the balance of the ecosystem in particular because, like the bee, it promotes pollination. Unfortunately, her sting is violent, it causes a painful allergic reaction which in some cases can be fatal.
When she takes up residence and settles in an attic, under a roof, in masonry joints or in garden trees, it is really best to call in an expert exterminator from Montreal.
The thorax of the abdomen is separated by extreme tightening, this influenced everyday language and left the expression “have a wasp size”.
|Nom anglais||Yellowjackets, Hornet|
|Nom latin||Vespula, Vespa, Dolichovespula|
Physical description of the stealth wasp:
The furtive wasp is the most common in Quebec, but many species coexist.
A social insect, it lives in a colony its body is less hairy than that of the bumblebee and the bee, its body can be either yellow and black and black and white.
The wasp has two pairs of wings, one of which is smaller than the other.and three pairs of legs, the Queen is the largest of the nest she ensures the development of the colony.
Common wasp species
The Vespula wasp
- Whether they are communne, Germanic or redhead, it is the most frequent and represented genre, they are the ones who come in the summer to turn buzzing around your picnic. They are tenacious and possibly aggressive.
- These non-aggressive wasps look more “heavy”, their hair, more important covers their entire body. Their nests are always aerial, it is a friendly wasp to protect!
- There are many species among polists, so much so that the names differ from one region to another. In this genre, the queen of her workers because they are the same size. These wasps are particularly thin, their long hind legs hang softly during flight. The nests of members of the Genus Polistes do not have an envelope; it is a single ray attached to the support by one or more pillars.
The Vespa wasp
- We take out the wasps themselves to go to the hornets that are physically larger, it is also difficult to make a mistake when identifying them. The most common are the European hornet and the Asian hornet.
Hantavirus, definition and mode of transmission
Hantavirus is a severe lung syndrome caused by a virus. It is secreted in the urine, feces and saliva of infected animals. Most often these are rodents. When humans come into direct or indirect contact with these secretions, the virus is transmitted to them. Ditto when they are bitten by infected rodents.
However, the virus is not transmitted from human to human, only from animal to human. This type of disease is called zoonoses because they can only be transmitted to humans through an animal. It has been found that domestic animals (apart from the domestic rat) and livestock cannot contract hantavirus so there is every reason to believe that only rodents can carry it.
Symptoms of hantavirus
Being a lung disease, one of the characteristic symptoms of hantavirus is difficulty breathing. At the beginning of the disease, the infected person begins to feel fever, chills, headache and muscle pain.
It is about two weeks after the appearance of the first symptoms that they are usually accompanied by a feeling of shortness of breath. Nevertheless, this last manifestation of the disease can be observed after two days as after six weeks; it depends on the organism of the individual.
Hantavirus can also lead to kidney disease or infection. And although they are rare and very few people are prone to them, there is currently no treatment to combat these ailments. It is therefore better to be careful not to contract them.
Life cycle and manners of this biting insect:
In the spring the queen looks for a nesting place, she needs to set up her colony to build her nest there. They are looking for
- Underground cavities that make nests particularly dangerous because you can walk on them in the undergrowth.
- hanging swarm trees
- in roof lintels
- barn beams
- house structures even when they have insulation.
A fertile wasp can live for several months or even a year and a half depending on the severity of winter, the queen lays eggs daily, her nest can reach up to 20,000 individuals depending on the season, heat and humidity. Powered by its workers, it does not leave the nest, it feeds on nectar.
The wasp alone makes its nest in alveoli and raises alone its first workers when they arrive at the adult stage they take over expanding the colony throughout the summer.
How is the wasp harmful to humans?
When they enter our homes, wasps sometimes feel disturbed or threatened, so they become aggressive and sting with their stinger to defend themselves.
Their venoms can be very dangerous, it can be fatal to allergic or in case of puncture in some mucous membranes.
If an allergic reaction occurs, for example, difficulty breathing, fever, redness and swelling, see a doctor or go to the emergency room as soon as possible at a hospital near you.
The risk of a swarm is real, do not try anything against this wasp nest
Avoid the risk of stinging with a few simple gestures:
- Act early before the nest/swarm gets too big.
- Keep calm, don’t get agitated in case of buzzing around the table
- For your peace of mind build wasp traps
- Check your environment regularly to protect yourself from danger.
There are some insecticides registered for the general public for wasps They should be used with caution, avoiding panic of insects during use.
Animal wasp specialist alert for 12 years
Depending on the case encountered:
- Capture of wasp swarm by the exterminator
- Destruction of wasp nests
- Extermination, eradication of wasps from your home and gardens
Our dynamic and courteous professional team solves wasp problems with proper treatments that dent and destroy hidden nests in your home
Once on the scene we will make a quote and mention our means of intervention, if the estimate suits you will do the work without waiting Be assured of our discretion and friendliness.
To learn more about the different extermination companies, we invite you to consult the catalog: https://montreagence.com/category/extermination/